As founder and CEO of ChangeLabs™, a global consultancy delivering large-scale behavioral change projects for clients such as Apple and IBM, Peter Sheahan has worked with some of the world’s leading brands in the area of innovation and change. With operations in 3 countries and 9 cities, Peter knows first-hand the pressures of growing and leading a business in the rapidly changing world.
Peter is recognized internationally as a leading business thinker and has advised executives and leaders for clients that include Google, Goldman Sachs, Hilton Hotels, Harley Davidson and GlaxoSmithKline through his thought leadership practice.
The author of 6 books, including the international bestsellers Fl!p and Generation Y, Peter focuses on teaching leaders and companies how to flip their thinking, make money in the cracks and find opportunity where others cannot. His newest book Making It Happen unpacks his insights on how the best leaders and entrepreneurs execute on their good ideas, and turn them into profitable results.
To see more testimonials about Peter, click on your industry of choice.
In 2008, we were fortunate enough to have Peter Sheahan present at our annual conference. Known as a very discerning audience, the thousand-plus crowd was initially skeptical of this young Australian. By the end of the presentation, they were blown away. Peter’s average audience rating was 4.9 out of 5. His address was insightful, provocative and inspiring. Peter’s enthusiasm is infectious. Our clients left excited and inspired to embrace the changing market place and drive innovation in their place of work.
North American businesses can really benefit from Peter’s expertise in these challenging economic times. I have no hesitation recommending Peter Sheahan to anyone interested in building an exciting and innovative company.
- A David Bergstein CPA – CITP, Strategic Partner Relations, CCH (a Wolters Kluwer business)
Peter has done incredible work with our firm. He is not only able to energize legal partners but even facilitate agreement between them on issues like firm values. More importantly when they got back to the office they did something about it. Peter’s sessions create results! The quality of his work is second to none.
- Gary McDiarmid – CEO, Russell McVeagh
Peter Sheahan could light a small town with energy, enthusiasm and insight. He combines deep practical knowledge with unending passion for both his subject matter and his audience. In my 10+ years of speaking with executive-level audiences, I find Peter to be unsurpassed in his ability to engage senior executives.
Peter can draw out of your people answers to questions they did not know they had. That, and even more powerfully, he will have them question the very answers they come up with in a way that reveals an even deeper level of insight and understanding. Whether he is presenting or facilitating, Peter is clearly world class educator.
- David Willis – Managing Director, Corporate Executive Board
Peter, it is a delight working with you! Your dynamic presentations were the highlight of our professional development sessions. Educators travelled from across the country to see you and found you to be informative, engaging, humorous and thought provoking. I love the way your forward thinking comments are based on research and illustrated by facts. I do hope we have a chance to work together again.
- Kathy Schoo – Executive Director, Australian Curriculum Studies Association
Peter’s inspirational and stimulating presentation style combined with well researched examples ensured an amazing day of learning for all that participated in our sessions. His capacity to challenge participant biases through humorous antidotes ensured a relaxed atmosphere and lively discussion.
Peter is an outstanding presenter and researcher whose messages will have impact not only on educators of this generation but future generations.
- Jenny Lewis – CEO, Australian Council for Education Leaders
Peter Sheahan is one of the best presenters to a business audience I have ever seen. He is a master of his topic and he delivers his presentation with great style and passion, captivating the entire audience with excellent humor, appropriate anecdotes, memorable metaphors and authentic sense of purpose.
- David C M Carter – Chairman, Merryck & Co
Peter Sheahan is a sharp business mind. He understands the business model itself, and the role talent plays in driving its success. A long-way from the group hug style approach to talent that plagues many advisers in this space, Peter will cut the heart of what makes you a great place to work, and outline the best strategies for telling the world. He has a clear understanding of what drives human behaviour, and always offers a thoroughly researched perspective on your main competitors, and where you are positioned in the mind of the people you want to attract and retain.
Whether it is strategic guidance, or creative stimulation Peter Sheahan is a powerful partner on your journey to building a powerful employer brand.
- Amanda Fleming – Chief People Officer, Pizza Hut
Peter – I really enjoyed your training yesterday in Shanghai! Totally on point for what we are dealing with now, and especially relevant for China. I now have the tools to build a business case for employer branding thanks to your unique and powerful model for building our brand and attracting top talent.
- Laura Hamrick – Director of Staffing, Yum! Brands China Division
Peter Sheahan is one of the few speakers we have had who can match the sharp minds of the highly intelligent people we have at Shopzilla, and also deliver an inspiring and insightful message with a clear application to our business and company culture. Well researched and highly engaging, his session with our senior leaders not only opened their eyes to the opportunity presented by the changing nature of the workforce, but opened their minds to new ways we can drive collaboration and innovation in the business. Our team’s response was unanimous – we want him back!
- Nicole Csabon – HR Director, Shopzilla
Peter, Just wanted to say thank you for such a fantastic presentation you did to the Witchery/Mimco team yesterday.
I have worked in retail management for the past 20 years found your presentation so ‘on trend’, interesting and engaging. I can’t believe you spoke for 3 hours and it still wasn’t enough.
- Jude Kendall – Regional Manager, Witchery
Peter Sheahan is unquestionably cutting edge. His insights on generational change, and their impact on the way we lead and develop staff is unparalleled in the market place. When combined with his presentation skills, for which he is very well known, these make Peter an invaluable resource to our clients businesses. We had Peter present to a group of our select clients in 2008, and the overwhelming response was “how do we get him back and expose a broader cross-section of managers to his ideas and strategies”. I can confidently say Peter is a world class expert on his topic, and first-class presenter too. I have no problem recommending him to other American companies looking to drive innovation and leadership throughout their business.
- Karl E. Hansen – President, The Vita Companies
Thank you so much for two terrific sessions at our Global Summit last week in Singapore! Both your general session and the follow-up breakout session were incredibly well received and kept people talking for the remainder of the Summit. It was indeed a privilege to work with someone as prepared and flexible as you were. I certainly hope we have the opportunity to work together again.
- Cici Thompson – Vice President, Meetings & Member Alliances, Worldwide ERC®
Peter, the feedback from your two sessions has been overwhelmingly positive. Check out what the delegates said about you:
- Really challenged my thinking, and will take on board a lot of what he said
- He gets it! HR that is and he does not even work in the profession. Exciting and thought provoking. Would see him anytime again. Very energetic and enthralling
- Very engaging, provocative and entertaining
- great energy – looking forward to the e-learning
- Fabulous presenter, really interesting content
- Left the session feeling inspired!
- Brilliant speaker
- Very True! Organisations need to think differently about their business in uncertain times. The story telling experience is something customers/stakeholders will remember in relation to your business. awesome.
- Was a great presentation, lots of ideas, innovative and practical. Fantastic
- Huge energy that was infectious. Very inspiring speaker!
And in regard to your workshop:
- Engaging, motivating, thought provoking. Could not recommend it highly enough.
- Peter was excellent. Very insightful and delivers it in such a way you don’t want the session to end.
- Normally I would rate a session as successful if I come away with 1 or 2 new ideas. This session gave me at least 10 new ideas and a new way of looking at building by business brand. An amazing session.
- Very positive and great information. Very thought provoking!
- It was a fabulous session that provided tools and frameworks that can be utilized immediately
- Dana Grgas – Development & Research, Australian Human Resources Institute
For the last few years, News Corporation America has been engaging Peter Sheahan to transform the way its leaders think about their business, and the talent within it. From the creative’s in the editing rooms of LA, to the Chairman himself in New York, Peter has had a profound impact on this company. There is no shortage of people who can entertain an audience. There is also no shortage of academics, conducting insightful research. It is very rare, however, to find someone who is engaging on the platform and whose work is clearly based on ground-breaking research and genuine insight into what makes a business and its leaders successful in today’s uncertain market place.
Peter Sheahan is one of those people. Arguably the world leading expert in generational change, I have no hesitation recommending Peter to any organization looking to drive innovation deeper in their company, and wanting to inspire their leaders to think differently and take the necessary risk to future-proof the business.
- Tiffany LaBanca – Senior Vice President, Internal Communications, News Corporation
Richmond Events counts amongst its clients some of the most powerful HR executives in all of America. They are a very intelligent and discerning community. It is for this reason, that we chose Peter Sheahan to be the opening presenter at our very first on-shore West Coast conference.
Peter is known across the globe as a catalyst for change, helping executive teams to evolve their business practices and leadership philosophies in areas of generational change, customer experiences and talent retention. His presentation was not just well researched and genuinely insightful, it was a lot of fun as well.
Peter brings the right balance of theatre and expertise to the platform, and he left our audience not just excited about the rest of the day, but inspired to build even more innovative cultures in the businesses they help to lead.
Peter is a first-class presenter, who will not just tell your audience what they want to hear, but what they need to hear. He walks the razors edge as he provokes his audience to question their own beliefs, and practices yet somehow manages to have them enjoy the experience.
It is with pleasure that I offer my recommendation to this talented individual.
- Shane D. York – Conference Manager, Richmond Events
Peter joined us in Seattle to film a series of short videos to educate managers across Microsoft about generational change and it impact on the way we do business. His recordings were jam packed full of energy, insight and practical strategies any leader could use.
Peter has built an excellent reputation around the world as the leader in his field, and our partnership together has proven this to me personally. I have no hesitation recommending Peter to any business looking to understand their new customers and staff, and to future proof their organization against the inevitable change they bring.
- Maryann Prouty, Global Program Manager – MACH, Microsoft Corporation
Peter has worked with some of our most senior leaders, almost all of our North American distribution partners and some of our most edgy businesses such as Webex too. Peter understands not only the forces of change in the modern business landscape, but the mindset the leader needs to adapt to future proof themselves against that change. His sessions are content rich, extremely thought provoking and inspiring all at the same time.
Peter can be relied upon to deliver genuine insight that moves his audience to action. These are exciting, and of course challenging times. Peter is just the right kind of thinker to help organizations profit from the opportunities which inevitably arise in such a turbulent economic environment.
- Naomi Chavez Peters – Communications & Development Director, Cisco Systems, Inc.
Thank you for your thought provoking presentation at Google’s HQ in Mountain View A number of Google staffers reached out to say how much they enjoyed your thought/discussion provoking presentation. You gave us great insight into the minds of literally hundreds of potential Googlers. For us to better understand how to motivate and develop that talent will certainly be key to our continued success.
- Sue Polo – Engineering and Operations Staffing Manager, Google
Peter gave six great keynote addresses at Ricoh’s annual ‘Let’s Do Lunch’ series. He challenged everyone, dealt with real issues & was totally engaging. The audience loved the fact they could apply what he said in their business today. We want to get him back next year!”
- Philip Henry – General Manager, Marketing, Ricoh
Thank you so much for a great session – all the reactions were ‘awesome, amazing, and inspirational’. The only thing we’d do differently next time would be to book you further in advance so we have you present on the first day of our event – you set a great tone and really energise and inspire.
Brilliant. We will have you working with BP again soon.
- Nina Raymond – HR Executive, BP
It was a pleasure to meet you at our Planning Council in Phoenix last week. On behalf of myself, and my colleagues at AECOM may I express our sincere thanks for an excellent presentation which was right on message as far as our development towards a Great Place to Work and in particular seeking and developing our future leaders. As you would imagine the feedback which I am sure you partly received whilst with us has been tremendous.
- Ken Dalton – Europe CEO, AECOM
Peter Sheahan addressed some of our most senior and high performing staff as part of an ongoing leadership development program. His sessions are always high energy, very informative and most importantly thought provoking.
Peter’s session on Flip opened our leaders’ minds to a whole new way of thinking about our business, and of their role in it. His insights are cutting edge and force leaders to think about how they will future proof themselves and the business against the inevitable changes we all face.
It was his Personal Branding session that really shook them up. It takes some real work to get an already successful group of professionals to rethink the way they build their careers, and where their future success will come from and Peter did that superbly.
Without getting too esoteric, he was able to have them connect with how they saw themselves, and the value and they brought to GSK. In a challenging, yet inspiring way, Peter had them think systematically about how they could be even more impactful in their jobs, and how they can build not only their personal success but that of GSK as well.
I have no hesitation recommending Peter to anyone wanting to fast-track the success of their key performers.
- Shelley Holst – Talent and Organisational Performance Manager, Glaxo Smith Kline
- APS Advance
- CPA Australia
- Ernst & Young
- Fiji Institute of Accountants
- Institute of Chartered Accountants Australia
- Interdepartmental Accounting Group
- New Zealand Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Pitcher Partners
- PriceWaterhouse Coopers
Agency and Brokerage
- ASGARD Wealth Solutions
- Association of Financial Advisers
- Eagle Insurance
- Hollards Insurance
- Mortgage and Finance Association of Australia
- Mortgage Choice
- Mortgage Industry Association of Australia
- Agriculture ITO
- Australian Wine Research Institute
- Meat & Wool New Zealand
- Otago Large Herds Association
Banking / Finance / Insurance
- American Bankers Association
- AMP Capital Shopping Centres
- ANZ Bank
- ASB Bank Limited
- Australian Institute of Credit Management
- CMC Markets
- Commonwealth Bank Foundation
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia
- Cuna Mutual Group
- Goldman Sachs
- Just Car Insurance
- Macquarie Bank
- National Australia Bank Limited
- Perpetual Investments
- Risk Management Association of Australia
- St George Bank
- State Street
Colleges and Universities
- Australian Heads of University Colleges & Halls Inc
- Charles Darwin University
- Cutin University
- Deakin University
- Macquarie University
- National Association of Graduate Carers Advisory Services
- RMIT University
- University of Otago
- University of Southern Queensland
- University of Technology Sydney
Construction & Manufacturing
- Air Conditioning Mechanical Contractors Association
- Australian Steel Institute
- Automotive Skills Alliance
- Automotive Training Australia
- BG Cranes
- Employers’ & Manufacturers’ Association
- Fletcher Building
- Housing Industry Association
- Key Plastics
- Laing O’Rourke
- Leighton Contractors
- National Electrical Community Association
- Queensland Alumina
- Roofing Association of NZ
- SA Crane Association Inc
- Urban Maintenance Systems
Education, Education Policy & Training
- Association of Independent Schools
- Australian Council for Education Leaders
- Australian Council for Private Education & Training
- Australian Curriculum Studies Association
- Australian Educational International
- Australian Heads of Independent Schools Association
- Australian Technical College
- Box Hill Institute TAFE
- Curriculum Corporation
- Department of Education & Training
- Firbank Grammar
- Golden Key International Honour Society
- Group Training Australia
- IDP International
- Independant Schools Association NZ
- New Apprenticeships Centre
- New Zealand Principals Federation
- Queensland Children’s Activity Network
- Queensland Education Department
- State Library of Victoria
- Sunshine Coast Grammar School
- TAFE NSW
- TAFE Queensland
- TAFE SA
- TAFE WA
- Yeronga Tafe
- Chevron Texaco
- Energy 21C
- ActewAGL & TransACT
- Reliance Petroleum
- Santos Ltd
- Tarong Energy
- Transpower NZ
- Association of Consulting Engineers Australia
- Australian Institute of Environmental Health
- Engineers Australia
- FRH Group
- Harrison Grierson Consultants Limited
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Urban Development Institute of Australia (WA Div)
- Collins Food Group
- Gloria Jean’s
- Pizza Hut
- SPAR Australia
- Australian Defence Force
- Australian Defence Force Academy
- Australian Public Service Commission
- Cardinia Shire Council
- City of Greater Geelong
- City of Mandurah
- City of Wanneroo
- Dep of Justic Victoria
- Department of Chief Minister Northern Territory
- Department of Education and Childrens Services SA
- Department of Education, Science and Training
- Department of Employment and Workplace Relations
- Department Of Housing
- Hamilton City Council
- ICT Industry Branch, Dept. of Communications, IT
- Institute of Public Administration Australia
- Local Government Association
- Local Government Finance Professionals
- Local Government Managers Association
- Newcastle City Council
- NT Government of Australia
- Parramatta City Council
- Planning Institute of Australia
- Queensland Government
- Royal Australia Air Force
- State Services Commission
- Sutherland Shire Council
- Tablelands Council
- Townsville City Council
Healthcare and Pharmaceutical
- Adelaide to Outback GP Program
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Australian Self-Medication Industry
- Child Care QLD
- Merck Sharp & Dohme
- NSW Nurses Association
- Royal Australian College of General Practitioners
- Royal College of Nursing
- Rural Doctors Association of QLD
- Rural Doctors Association of Queensland
- Sanofi Aventis
- Somerville Community Services Inc.
- St Vincents & Mater Health
- The Australian Medical Association
- The College of Nursing
- Wyeth Pharmaceuticals
Hospitality and Tourism
- Club Managers Association of Australia
- Clubs NSW
- Hamilton Island Resorts
- Harvey World Travel
- Hayman Island
- Hilton Hotels Worldwide
- Hospitality Association of New Zealand
- Hospitality Standards Institute
- Independent Liquor Marketers
- Liquor Marketing Group
- Meetings Events Australia
- Pernod Ricard
- Tourism Alliance of Victoria
- Tourism Australia
- Tourism Training Australia
- Tourism Whitsundays
- Whitsunday Development Corporation
- Whitsunday Tourism
- Australian Human Resource Institute
- Corporate Leadership Council
- ERC Global
- Global HR Summit (Singapore)
- Hong Kong Institute of Human Resource Management
- HR Institute of New Zealand
- Mercer Human Resource Consulting
- Northeast Human Resource Association
- Porterallen Hendren
- Recruitment and Consulting Services Association
- Ross Human Directions
- Select Appointments
- The Davidson Group
- Vita benefits Group
Leadership Forums / Associations
- American Chamber of Commerce
- Auckland Chamber of Commerce
- Australian Chamber of Commerce and Industry
- Australian Institute of Company Directors
- Australian Institute of Management
- CEO Forum
- CEO Institute
- CEO Round Table
- Corporate Executive Board
- Global CIO forum
- HR Directors Forum
- International CFO Forum
- Lexis Nexis
- National Speakers Association
- Proteus Leaders
- Red Carpet
- The Executive Connection
- The Knowledge Gym
- The Power Within
- Thought Leaders
- Allens Arthur Robinson
- Australian Legal Practice Managers Association
- Bartier Perry
- Bell Gully Barristers and Solicitors
- Chapman Tripp
- FMRC Legal
- Henry Davis York
- Legal Marketing Association of America
- Minter Ellison
- Law Society of Queensland
- Russel McVeagh
Media / Marketing
- ABC Television
- ACP Magazines
- Australian Financial Review – BOSS Magazine
- Australian Interactive Media Industry Association
- Australian Marketing Institute
- Australian Subscription Television & radio Association
- Channel 10 (Network 10)
- China Economic Review
- DMG Radio (Nova)
- Fox Entertainment Group
- Fox News
- Harper Collins Publishers
- Mitchell and Partners
- Network Ten
- New York Post
- News America Marketing
- News Corporation America
- News Digital Media
- Ogilvy PR
- Oglivy One
- Public Relations Institute of Australia
- Australian Property Institute
- Centro Properties Group
- CoreNet Global
- Property Council fof New Zealand
- Property Council of Australia
- Australian Real Estate Convention
- Barfoot & Thompson
- Brendan Leahy Real Estate
- CB Richard Ellis
- First National Real Estate
- Hocking Stuart
- LJ Hooker
- Pittard Training Group
- PRD Nationwide
- Ray White
- Real Estate Institute of Tasmania
- Real Estate Institute of Victoria
- Real Estate Institute of Western Australia
- Richardson & Wrench
- Australian Booksellers Association
- British American Tobacco
- Country Road
- David Lawrence
- Figgins Group
- Harley-Davidson Motor Company
- Hyundai America
- Lane Crawford
- Melbourne Fashion Festival
- Photo Marketing Association
- Steinhoff Asia Pacific Holdings Pty Limited
- Sussan Group
- The Good Guys
- The Warehouse
- Video Ezy New Zealand
- Warehouse Stationery
- Australian Computer Society
- Fuji Film
- Fuji Xerox
- Hewlett Packard
- Ingram Micro
Transportation and Logistics
Peter Sheahan and the ChangeLabs™ team work with hundreds of thousands of members of Generation Y and Generation Z every year. It is this real world experience that Peter draws upon in this groundbreaking book on Gen Y. You cannot change a group of people you don’t understand. This book addresses that gap. This international bestseller is referred to as the ‘Bible’ for understanding this influential generation.
Generation Y comprises the highly influential segment of the population born between 1978 and 1994. This book, by the same name, specifically covers the following issues:
- Their mindset (and what caused it)
- How to attract and retain them as customers and staff
- Strategies for communicating to and engaging with them
- Their impact on organizational development and leadership styles
The thinking that has made us successful to date will not in the future; in many cases, it will hinder us. The expectations of customers and staff are changing rapidly and leaders need to keep pace. Fl!p will show them how. Emphasizing a new philosophy for leadership, Fl!p will offer a counterintuitive approach to innovation and change, and inspire leaders to take the intelligent risks required to find and exploit new value in the coming years.
Specifically it addresses the following challenging ideas:
- Action Creates Clarity — To move forward, you must act in spite of ambiguity
- Fast, Good, Cheap: Pick 3 — The acceleration of competitive advantages into competitive necessities
- Superficial Is Anything But — The emergence of intangibles as the only source of sustainable competitive advantage
- Business Is Personal — The emergence of relationships and connectivity in a world of data and information overload
- Find It On The Fringe — To win mass-market success, be courageous and seek genuine differentiation on the fringe of mainstream positioning and practices
- To Get Control, Give It Up — Embrace new business models and leadership styles anchored in influence and trust, not compliance and control
The world is not short of ideas, but it is short of people who know how to carry them out. Making It Happen unravels the process of taking a good idea and turning it into a successful venture. Peter Sheahan guides the reader through the five competencies that will enable you understand and utilize the forces that drive buyers’ behavior, break through mental barriers and effectively position your offer in the market. Whether you are looking to start a business, get promoted or launch a social movement, this book will streamline your thinking so you can finally turn your good ideas into great results.
The five competencies are:
- Packaging: Turning your aspiration into a commercial offer
- Positioning: Aligning your offer with a market need
- Influence: Convincing the buyer to buy what he or she needs from you, NOW
- Acceleration: Rapidly increase demand for what you offer with proportionately less time and effort
- Reinvention: Expanding your impact into new and exciting areas
ChangeLabs™ partners with leading brands to create innovative change programs that transform communities, build brand equity and create sustainable competitive advantage. Through partnerships with leading companies such as Apple and IBM, ChangeLabs has created and executed on some of the largest change initiatives on earth.
These include; the multi-award winning StartSmart™ program which has taught valuable financial literacy skills to over a million young people since its inception; the ground-breaking BeyondChalk™ program which has transformed the way more than 50,000 teachers use technology in the classroom, helping to create thousands of 21st century learning environments; and The Productivity Project™ which has unleashed the power of collaborative technology to create new market value in hundreds of the world leading companies.
All ChangeLabs projects benefit both the brands that support them and the communities which those brands serve. In short, ChangeLabs changes the world in partnership with visionary brands, in a way that drives better business results.
- General Contact Information
Phone: +1 720 399 6973
- Sign Up For Peter’s Newsletter